Saturday, February 26, 2011

Doughnuts

It's been quite some time since we've seen some miniature things, yes? I think it's about time we correct that. I present to you: miniature cake doughnuts with chocolate icing and rainbow sprinkles.

If you want the recipe for the doughnuts, head on over to ELR's site here. Thanks for the inspiration Jenna, as I followed your recipe pretty much to the T, except for the icing, which is a classic and courtesy of Alton Brown found here. These itsy bitsy doughnuts only took about 8 minutes to cook in my pan in a 350 degree F preheated oven, and they popped right out of there like a charm. A quick dip into the chocolate glaze, a few swishes of sprinkles, and I was inhaling these little cuties. Such a fun little bright spot in an otherwise ordinary Saturday afternoon!



In classic Homer Simpson style, "mmmm, doughnuts"

No comments: