Friday, April 10, 2009

We Interuppt this program...

To bring you an update on the Birthday cake I made for my niece this weekend. We will return to you to the regularly scheduled EuroTrip updates after the break. :-)
My niece Sylvie has been obsessed with Hippopotamus's for at least the last 6 months. For Christmas, Brad and I included a stuffed hippo and book in her gift. I asked her about a month ago what kind of cake she might want for her birthday, and of course she said a hippo. I almost forgot about the whole thing (you know, with being in Europe and all) but how could I disappoint a 3 year old by not making her a cake? So I gave it a shot in spite of my exhaustion.
Hippo side viewHippo from the frontClose-up of hippo mouth
The frosting is made from a mixture of cool whip, instant vanilla pudding, powdered sugar, and milk. Therefore the cake has to be refrigerated. Brad certainly got a scare when he came home after golf tonight, and opened the fridge to find a hippo head staring back at him! I hope Sylvie approves.

1 comment:

Seth said...

Is the plural of hippopotamus, hippopotami?